Kaffir lime syrup enhances the delicate flavor of watermelon in this salad, which makes a fantastic summertime dessert or palate cleanser.
Time: 20 minutes
¼ of a large seedless watermelon (we used a 3 pound, 13 ounce slice)
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
6 Kaffir lime leaves
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh roughly chopped Italian parsley
1. Remove rind, cut watermelon into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. In a small pot bring sugar, water and Kaffir lime leaves to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for four minutes.
3. Remove from heat and whisk apple cider vinegar into syrup.
4. Allow to cool, uncovered for fifteen minutes.
5. Pour syrup and chopped Italian parsley over watermelon slices, toss until evenly incorporated and enjoy!