This granola holds just the right amount of sweetness with brown sugar, maple syrup and dried cranberries, along with the right amount of protein delivered from golden flax seeds, sliced almonds and shredded coconut. It makes a great breakfast with almond milk poured on top and a fantastically filling snack to eat straight from your hands.
Serves: 4 people
Time: 30 minutes
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (163 degrees Celsius).
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, sliced almonds, golden flax seeds, shredded coconut, dark brown sugar and fleur de sel. Stir with wooden spoon until combined.
3. Combine maple syrup and vegetable oil in a measuring cup and pour over until mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Divide oat mixture between two parchment lined baking sheets and bake in center of preheated oven until oats and nuts have toasted.
5. Remove from oven, place toasted oat mixture in a large bowl, toss dried cranberries in, using large salad serving spoons, allow to cool for fifteen minutes and enjoy!