Everyone knows the basic spices - salt, pepper, cinnamon and so on. While these are all great, the adventurous cook in us is always looking for that new and exciting flavor.
It is frustrating to walk into the grocery store and see three different brands of cinnamon and nothing new. That's why we have made it our mission to scour the world for the most unique and exotic spices available.
There are hundreds of spices, herbs and seasonings that simply can't be found in the typical grocery store. All of these hard to find ingredients bring a unique flavor, history and depth to our cooking. We hope you take some time to learn about all of the exciting flavors revolutionizing cooking today. Below are ten of our most popular exotic spices. Grains Of Paradise
- A rare and more sophisticated substitute for Black Pepper. Peppery, full flavored, citrusy, powerful, with traces of cardamom and ginger. Garam Masala
- Pungent, warm and strong, a staple in Indian cooking, fish, pork, chicken, lamb and potatoes. Wasabi Powder
- Intense, sharp and hot, usually used in Asian cooking. Wasabi creates a shorter lived spicy sensation than other traditional spicy foods such as hot peppers. Aleppo Pepper Crushed
- Medium level of heat, sweet, fruity, complex with hints of Cumin. Aleppo is great on almost anything, including: Chicken, pizza, meat, pasta, salad, vegetables, potato salad, eggs and steak. Salts Of The Sea Set
- Gourmet Sea Salts are one of the most exciting trends in cooking. These ten sea salts are both visually mesmerizing and unbelievably tasty. You will never reach for plain old table salt again! Berbere Spice
- Spicy, full flavored, unique and authentic Ethiopian flavor. Used for meat, stews, chicken, lamb, roasting and grilling. Smoked Spanish Paprika
- Smokey, warm and rich flavor. Authentic Smoked Paprika is slowly smoked over natural oak fire. Hibiscus Powder
- Fresh, pleasant and tart. Mainly used to flavor teas, warm beverages, soup and used as a food coloring. Asian Seasoning
- Lemony, warm, powerful and complex. Used often in Asian cuisine, chicken, fish, vegetables, stir fry, lamb, beef and lo mein. Thai Spice
- A mixture a hot of sweet, authentic Thai cooking flavor. Thai Spice is used for soup, salad, fish, chicken and Thai cuisine.