Golden Flax Seed
Golden Flax Seed
Also Known As: Flaxseed, Linseed and Common Flax
Ingredients: Golden Flax Seed
Taste and Aroma: Nutty, buttery and pleasant.
Uses: Baking, bread, muffins, pancakes, cereal and smoothies. Unlike ground Flax Seed, Whole Flax Seed is shelf stable and has a long shelf life of close to a year.
Substitutes:Hemp Hearts, Goji Berries , Chia Seeds, Spirulina Powder, Sesame Seeds, Acai Berry Powder Organic and Brown Flax Seed.
Fun Fact: Golden Flax Seeds and Brown Flax Seeds have the same health value; however golden flax seed is preferred by most as having the superior flavor.
Health Values: Flax Seed is believed to have significant health benefits because of its usually high content of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Lignans and Fiber. Research has shown Lignans in particular to have powerful anti-oxidant properties. Flax Seed contains up to 800 times more Lignans than other foods with Lignans. Below are the most significant health benefits associated with Flax Seed:
1. Certain studies have shown flax seed to protect against cancer and inhibit tumor growth.
2. Certain studies have shown flax seed to help protect against heart disease.
3. There is preliminary research that shows flax seed stabilizing blood sugar levels for people with Diabetes.
4. Many studies have shown flax seeds ability to lower LDL cholesterol levels, commonly known as bad cholesterol.
5. Certain studies have shown Flax Seed lowering high blood pressure.
6. Flax seed is believed to help against inflammation and arthritis.
7. Preliminary research has shown Flax Seed to lower the intensity of hot flashes.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.